Trilokinath Yatra with Mrikula Mata
Duration : (2 Nights / 3 Days)
Destinations Covered : Trilokinath | Udaipur | Sissu
Trilokinath temple is situated in the district of Lahaul – Spiti on the north eastern extremity of Himachal Pradesh, bordering the highlands of Tibet. It is a popular pilgrimage & revered site for both Hindus and Buddhists. The temple’s name Trilokinath refers to the ‘Lord of three worlds”. A marble idol of Trilokinath here is sacred to the Hindus as Lord Shiva and for Buddhists as Avalokiteshwara. It is crowned with an image of the Buddha of Boundless light – Amitabha Buddha. Tibetan prayer flags, built in Pagoda style deck the entrance of the temple. The stone carvings on walls, doors and pillars on each side of the door are exemplary and known as Dharma and Paap.
The 3 Days 2 Nights Trilokinath Darshan Yatra package gives you an opportunity to embark on a religious tour to the ancient temple that enshrines 12th century, 6 armed marble statue of Lord Shiva along with darshan of Mrikula Mata at Udaipur.
Trilokinath Temple with Mrikula Mata
Triloknath Temple with Mrikula Mata Itinerary
Day 1:Kullu - Trilokinath - Mrikula Mata Temple Udaipur - Sissu
In the morning we will drive along the Kullu- Keylong Road.The distance of Trilokinath Temple from Kullu is about 142 Kms and the journey takes around 5 hours to complete. On reaching Tandi we will take a diversion towards left on the Udaipur - Kishtwar Road. After crossing Thirot we will take a left towards Trilokinath.
On the way you can visit Raja Ghepan Temple at Shashni, he is the deity of entire Lahaul Valley. The entire journey from Tandi to Trilokinath and Udaipur is through Pattan Valley. Chandra Bhaga river runs for the entire route and proceeds towards Jammu Kashmir and continues to flow to Pakistan. This is one of the very few rivers which run towards West in India. Many small bridges are to be passed and also many waterfalls can be seen. You will pass through many beautiful Lahauli villages such as Jahalma, Phuda, Thirot, Kukumseri.The Patan valley with river Chenab or locally “Chanderbhaga" flowing through it, is enchantment galore at every bend. The entire area is full of valleys and snow covered peaks. This area is a dream land for Landscape photographers.
After reaching Trilokinath seek blessings and experience the marvelous architecture that has stone carvings on doors, pillars and walls. These pillars have great religious and philosophical significance as they stand for Dharma and Paap. If you get a chance to visit in mid August, you can be a part of an annual three-day Pauri Festival that brings Hindus and Buddhists together.
Later proceed for Mrikula Devi temple at Udaipur, the temple is unique and famous for its wooden carving on its roof and ceiling. There is a belief that, on visiting Udaipur Marikula Mata temple, one should not say, LET US GO. In the evening we will drive back to Keylong for the night stay. On reaching check in to your hotel / homestay for nightstay.
Day 2: Keylong - Jispa - Sissu
Today we climb higher still as we travel from Keylong to the beautiful mountain village of Jispa. Jispa is a stunning mountain village located on the bank of the Bhaga River and nestled at just 20 km from Keylong and 7 km from Darcha. The road and trek route to Zanskar & Shinkula Pass diverges at Darcha. Jispa is surrounded by picturesque mountains and breathtaking landscapes that provide an exciting experience. After visiting Jispa we will return back to Sissu.
On reaching Sissu, freshen up and explore the village and then relax for the rest of the day, allowing your bodies time to adjust to the gain in altitude. Visit Sissu Lake in the afternoon and you can enjoy other adventure activities such as River Crossing, Zip Line and enjoy local cuisines of Lahaul Valley. Night stay at Sissu.
Day 3 : Sissu - Solang Valley - Kullu
Our route takes us through the “Rohtang Atal Tunnel”. This tunnel is the one of the highest tunnels in the world at a height of 3000mts above sea level. Starting from Sissu the North- Portal to Dhundi at South - Portal, we will reach Solang Valley. At Solang Valley you can take a ride at Ropeway and spend some time clicking pictures. The journey will take approximately three hours, in comparison to the full day drive required before the new road. This allows us to take a nice relaxed start to the day and reach Kullu in the evening.
- Accommodation for 2 Nights on twin sharing basis at Keylong & Sissu.
- Visit to Trilokinath Temple, Mrikula Devi Temple and Jispa.
- All transfers & sightseeing by private Maruti Alto/Swift Dzire / Tata Sumo/Toyota Innova depending on the number of passengers.
- All driver allowances,toll,parking & fuel charges etc.
- Any entry fees, Monument entry fees.
- Extra Food purchasing, Extra Shopping.
- Any Snow / Water Activities like Paragliding, River Rafting etc.
- Any Air/train fare.
- Any heater charges.
- All other items and services not specified above.
- Any other expenses incurred due to bad weather, flight cancellation, landslides or road closed due to govt. or any union etc.
- Items of personal nature, porterage, tips, laundry, mineral water, pony rides, optional tours.
- Any additional night shall be charged on pro-rata basis.
Some tips for visiting Rohtang Pass
Things to Carry: The sun's rays are harsh enough to burn your skin, while shaded areas remain cool enough to wear a jacket. It's best to pack clothes in layers, and carry full-sleeve T-shirts, sun hats, sun glasses and any other sun protection you can find.
Mobile Connectivity: Only BSNL works in Lahaul region & most of the other areas. Airtel & Jio has connectivity in some areas such as Sissu, Keylong & Udaipur.
ATM : It's advisable to carry enough cash from Kullu as there are very less ATM in the region & their functioning is also erratic.
Police Station: Keylong Tel: 01900-222223, Udaipur Tel: 01909-222210
Hospital: Civil Hospital, Keylong 01900-222211 Tourism Office: H P Tourism (01902) 222349
Terms & Conditions
- Transportation as per itinerary only (not available at disposal)
- The package does not include guide services. These can be availed at an additional cost
- Package rates are subject to change without prior notice
- The package cannot be combined with any other offer
- Refund on cancellation depends upon concerned hotel’s cancellation policy
- The above package is not valid from Mid November to March as the roads are may be closed in Lahaul Valley.
- Tour Trip Mart reserves the right to change/modify or terminate the offer any time at its own discretion and without any prior notice.
Get the Best Holidays Planned by Experts!